46th Annual Geoscience Forum
November 20-22, 2018
NOTE: All businesses exhibiting at the Geoscience Forum must be a corporate member of the NWT & Nunavut Chamber of Mines. Membership status will be checked when the booth registration paperwork is processed.
If you did not exhibit last year and you’d like to be added to the waiting list, you must contact the NWT & Nunavut Chamber of Mines by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Booths are allocated to those on the waiting list in priority order with preference being given to industry (mining and exploration companies), then consulting/service/supply businesses, and then to government and regulatory agencies.
List of Exhibitors
- Booth space
- Wireless Internet (provided by Northwestel)
- Power (if required)
- 1 table (if required) – there is an additional charge of $10.00/table/day for each additional table requested
- 2 chairs (if required) – there is an additional charge of $4.00/chair/day for each additional chair requested
Shipment to the Geoscience Forum
Freight will not be accepted at the exhibit hall. Please follow the instructions below.
Exhibitors (outside of Yellowknife) can ship to:
Matco will store and send the freight to Yellowknife just prior to the show and will then deliver it to the exhibit hall and place it at your booth.
Please follow these instructions:
- Include your booth number and a piece count on each item (trade show cases, boxes, etc.) making sure to include the total number of pieces in the shipment (i.e. 1 of 12, 2 of 12, etc.). All freight should be properly packaged for safe handling and transportation and it should arrive, at the above-noted address, prior to Tuesday, October 31.
- Scan the waybill and email it to Leon Johnson (email@example.com) AND Kelly Stang (firstname.lastname@example.org) advising them you are shipping freight.
- Call Leon Johnson or Kelly Stang at 780 484 8800, prior to October 31, to ensure that your freight has arrived at Matco.
- Matco will provide a conference rate for the transportation of items from Edmonton to Yellowknife and return.
Return Booth Shipment
At completion of show, Matco can transport your return freight or you can contact your own freight carrier to pick-up the freight from the exhibit hall (Multiplex – Ed Jeske Arena – 41 Kam Lake Road). Freight must be picked-up by 16:00 on Thursday.
If you have any questions, you can call:
- Cheryl Wourms (Conference Coordinator) - 867 873 5281
- Leon Johnson or Kelly Stang (Matco) – 780 484 8800
- The Geoscience Forum trade show is only open to conference delegates, with the exception of Thursday, November 22 (10:00-12:00) when it is open to schools and the general public.
- Security officers will ensure that everyone who enters the trade show is wearing a name badge. Therefore, please register everyone working at your booth (delegate passes are interchangeable between staff members).
- Registration packages for each delegate can be picked up at the Capitol Theatre (4920-52 Street) at the check-in counter (Monday, 13:00-16:00; Tuesday and Wednesday: 07:30-14:00, and Thursday: 07:30-12:00).
- The use of tape, tacks, or any other adhesives is prohibited.
- Delegates must wear a conference name badge at all times since security officers will not permit anyone without them to gain entrance to the trade show.
- Complimentary receptions will be held at the trade show (Multiplex - Ed Jeske Arena, 41 Kam Lake Rd) on Tuesday and Wednesday, 16:30-19:00.
- Complimentary lunches will be held at the trade show (Multiplex - Ed Jeske Arena, 41 Kam Lake Rd) on Tuesday and Thursday, 13:00-14:30.
- There will be complimentary shuttle bus services, for registered delegates (including exhibitors), between the presentation hall (Capitol Theatre, 4920-52nd Street) and the exhibit hall (Multiplex - Ed Jeske Arena, 41 Kam Lake Rd), during trade show hours. Schedules will be included in the delegates bags, and will be posted at the exhibit and presentation halls.
- Smoking will only be permitted in the designated area (outside the main foyer - at the front of the Multiplex).
- Monday, November 19, 16:00-19:00
- Tuesday, November 20, 10:00-12:00
Trade Show Hours
- Tuesday, November 20, 12:30-19:00
- Wednesday, November 21, 14:00 - 19:00
- Thursday, November 22, 10:00 - 15:00
Please note that the trade show will be open, to students, and the general public, on Thursday, 10:00-12:00.
- Thursday, November 22, 15:00-17:00